A great banana nut bread recipe to try !
Ingredients: (for 2 loaves)
- 3 Ripe Bananas (the riper, the moister the bread!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 4 oz. Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda (or Dry Yeast)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- Additional Butter for baking dish
Preheat oven to 375°F
1. Sift flour and baking soda together and reserve.
2. In another bowl, stir sugar, eggs, vanilla, and butter until homogenous. Incorporate flour, and stir until smooth.
3. Mush bananas with a fork and stir into batter. Then add nuts and stir well.
4. Butter two loaf pans (or other baking dish if you don't have a loaf pan) and pour in batter. Bake for about 55 minutes. The banana bread recipe is cooked when the tip of a knife comes out clean and dry.
5. Let cool off for about ten minutes and then remove from baking dish. You can serve this warm or room temperature. Voilà! Time to enjoy this banana nut bread recipe!
French Fact: Banana bread recipes does exist in France and is called Pain de Banane! Bon Appétit!